The principal aim of the A.P.E.E.E. in Luxembourg is to foster open communication and provide a medium through which parents of current students can develop their interest in the education of their children, participate in and support the work of the school, becoming genuine partners in the decisions that affect children and families - and thereby enhance the quality of the student and parent experience during their time associated with the European Schools in Luxembourg.
The A.P.E.E.E. is:
- a forum for facilitating regular, meaningful, two-way communication between parents and school authorities;
- your representative in formal decision-making bodies of the European Schools;
- your partner in understanding education in the European Schools;
- a valuable source of information and a network for exchange of views on issues relating to education;
- a facilitator of projects to permit and promote participation, engagement, commitment and support.
The A.P.E.E.E. is not:
- a forum for resolving individual issues (although advice can be offered);
- a complaints board or appeals committee (although a mediation role is sometimes possible);
- an elite group of parents with privileged relations to the school authorities;
- the mouthpiece of the school administration;
- a committee to organise social events.
The A.P.E.E.E. supports and promotes the aims of the European Schools, set out in the founding convention:
"Educated side by side, untroubled from infancy by divisive prejudice, acquainted with all that is great and good in the different cultures, it will be borne in upon them as they mature that they belong together. Without ceasing to look to their own lands with love and pride, they will become in mind Europeans, schooled and ready to complete and consolidate the work of their fathers before them, to bring into being a united and thriving Europe."